Wednesday 25 September 2013

Make a Wish Foundation

Every child under the age of 18, that has a life threatening illness, is eligible for one wish from the make a wish foundation.  You can ask to meet someone, you can ask for something, or you can ask to go somewhere.  This ranges from all sorts of things, like spending a day with your favourite celebrity, or getting a hot tub in your back yard, or you could take your entire family to Hawaii and go swim with the dolphins.  I qualify for this wish, but I honestly have no idea what to ask for!  I am not going to wish for anything right now, but it has to be before im 18, I am 16 now.  I've done research on some of the things that other people have wished for, and some of them are really touching.  There was a little girl who wished to "give back", so she wished she could give every cancer patient in that hospital, a bunny and a blanket, because she had a bunny and blanket and that is what gave her hope when she was feeling really ill.  So rather than wishing for something for herself she wished to give other cancer patients hope.  The fact that such a young girl has that big of a heart, truly moved me.  Most children wished for things like swimming with the dolphins, or going on a Disney cruise was a big one, or wishing for a Pony, or the latest laptop.  I wanted to wish to help build a school in Africa, but the reality is, Africa is not a healthy place, and it would be dangerous for me to travel there when I could get more ill than I already am.  I was also considering taking my family away somewhere for a week, because they are suffering through this as well.  I am not sure where I would go though.  I'm looking for suggestions, as to what you think I should wish for.  I'd love to hear all of your creative ideas!  If you would like to give me a suggestion, or tell me what you would wish for, or even if you have a wish story of your own, please leave it in the comments:)

6 comments:

  1. I think if I could make any wish I wanted, I would wish to play a song with my favourite band on-stage :) that would be amazing! Btw I really like this blog it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! and i like your idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something else to consider is that you wont be feeling quite so horribly or be as vulnerable for your whole treatment, so if you truly wanted to go to another country or something, talk to your doctors about if it would be possible in the near future! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love your blog, you are an amazing writer and an incredibly brave person. Your wish to build a school in Africa is so touching and if you're considering doing something like that, I definitely recommend doing it through Me to We trips. They also have similar programs in places like Ecuador and Nicaragua if you would like to be a little closer to home. If you decide to take your family on a trip, check out Miami! I was there last year and I absolutely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you:) I will definitely look into it!

    ReplyDelete