Monday 23 September 2013

How it began

I was diagnosed with leukaemia on March 27th, 2013.  I had been sick for about a month or so, and my parents just thought I had an iron deficiency or something, seeing as I had poor eating habits.  I progressively got worse, so my mom took me in to get blood work.  The results came back the next day, and they immediately sent me to the Kingston General Hospital, suspecting I had cancer.  I was too ill to be put out, so they had to keep me awake while the doctors did a bone marrow test(when they take a piece of my bone out and test it for cancer cells).  It was extremely painful, but we only had to wait about an hour before the doctor came in and confirmed my disease.  I think I went into shock, nobody really said anything, we all just sat there and cried.  If there was anything good out of that day, it was the amount of love that was in the room.  I had almost my entire family by my side, and none of them left me.  It was a hard day, but I think it brought my family closer together, in more ways than one. 

2 comments:

  1. hey, I'm Nicole I go to ENSS and I've heard about you and what your going through, you are such an inspiration its amazing, and your inspiring so many people! it was really cool how you had the party with your family and friends I hope you make the perfect wish. it is truly amazing how you are sharing your experiences with people, so yeah I thought id let you know and keep going strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i really appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete