Thursday 3 April 2014

1 year!!

On March 27th 2014, it was my one year mark, since I started treatment.  I wanted to write a special blog on that day, but unfortunately I was in hospital for a 5 day stint(5 days of chemo) and the meds that I was on during that time really messed up my head.  I couldn't think straight enough to decide what exactly I wanted to write on here.  However I did make a facebook post, so you can look at that if you want. 
This past year I have been really self conscious of losing my hair, and the other many ways my appearance has changed since I started with all of this.  It's really hard being a bald and poofy 16 year old girl.  On that day, I gathered up all of my courage and for the first time, I posted a picture of exactly what I look like.  I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that I look different, because I am struggling.  I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of, and I don't think anybody should be ashamed of exactly who they are.  I plan on starting to post more pictures of my progress, on here and on facebook.  When I have hair and look "normal" again, I want to have pictures and memories of how I look now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment