Monday 12 October 2015

recovery is just as tuff

Today has been a hard one.  It is thanksgiving day and I am trying so hard to be thankful.  I am thankful for being alive and I am o'so thankful for my wonderful family and all of their support.

It can be very difficult for me to understand what my body is going through, I am fighting for my life, and yet for some reason that is the last thing on my mind.  I am worried about schooling, boys, weight, friends etc.. death is the last thing on my list, simply because it doesn't feel real.  As I recover, I have found new struggles, that no one seems to have warned me about...

When I was told that my treatment would last three years, I had assumed that that would be the last of my cancer issues.  I figured that when I was done being sick and taking medicine, that everything would go back to the way it was; that I would have a "normal" life.  Unfortunately today I have realized that that is not the case.  At this moment I'm struggling to find any confidence at all.  I can't work, because of my fatigue and lack of muscle.  School is a constant struggle for me because of how much school I missed, my fatigue, and walking.  I can't drive for several more reasons.  I am just so far behind in life in general, that I wonder if I will ever catch up.  I am trying so hard to be positive for the people around me, but I am just so sick and tired of cancer taking over.  I want to have a job and be able to support myself, I want to move out and go to university, have a boyfriend and party with friends.. and yet none of that seems to be happening any time soon.  Yes I am sure all of that will happen eventually, I just really wish I could be at the same pace as everybody else.  I am tired of feeling so different.  It's also hard because I feel like I can't talk to anybody about these things... I feel like I am complaining when I talk to anyone about it, and I also want to stay strong and be positive; but sometimes it's hard to keep it all bottled up.  Sometimes I push people away, because I don't want to bare other people with my several issues, but sometimes I wish people would try just a little harder to stay a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment