Saturday 22 August 2015

being me

This summer has truly been an adventure for me... A lot of it was really amazing, I was finally well enough to travel on my own to BC, for three weeks! And yet a lot of it was really hard for me.  I am realising the hard way, once again, that I am not a "normal" teenager.  I don't like partying all the time, or getting sucked in to all of the negative drama. I am so glad that I am getting better, but I am also learning that, that comes with a lot of new struggles.. I have no friends, yet I want to be social.  I have a year until college, yet I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. But I think the main thing that I am struggling with, is finding out who I am.  What I like and what I don't, but also the people I want to surround myself with. For two and a half years, cancer was my main focus...now that I am getting my own life back, I really have to figure out what I want myself and my new life, to look like.

2 comments:

  1. Lydia, I composed a novel for you and then lost it some how. Hmmm. Anyway the jist of my note is that I understand how it feels to emerge from a struggle for your life to find the world is worried about who said what about whom and whether someone stole their parking space. Take your time. The world will feel like it's inhabited by aliens for a while but it will get better. Those people you care about will catch up in maturity eventually and you will find a way to see the humour in the silly stuff. In the meantime, continue to be the wonderful Lydia we know and love. You are amazing inside and out. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have enjoyed reading your blog my dear niece! so very heart felt and amazing! keep it up :D very proud of you

    ReplyDelete