Wednesday 20 November 2013

incredible support

I wanted to share this with everyone a long time ago, but frankly I just haven't had the time.  I switched schools just before I was diagnosed but the school that I left I really liked.  It was ENSS in Brighton, Ontario.  Anyways, I had a friend there named Maddy, we weren't super close, but we were pretty good friends and when I left and got cancer, we pretty well lost touch.  Understandable, seeing as we both had fairly busy lives and difficulties to deal with.  Not long ago, Maddy messaged me, we hadn't talked in weeks, maybe months.  She explained to me, that she had been reading my blog and Facebook posts and felt bad that I was upset over loosing my hair, so she and her boyfriend, and a team of friends got together and worked really hard and raised $470 to buy me a wig and surprise me with it for Christmas.  I'm honestly so touched, there aren't many words to describe how I feel, the support and kindness is just unreal.  I was really surprised and not expecting that at all, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, the thought of it all is just so nice.  Thank you so much to anyone who was involved, especially Maddy, Jamey, and Rebecca. You guys rock.

1 comment:

  1. No man, you rock. We still haven't put it in the account, we'll be getting to that soon. Just gotta talk to the people at scotiabank first. You gotta let me know when we can come visit you! :) Good luck with the chemo and stuff, I hope you've been doing well. Miss 'ya dude.
    ~Maddy (Sorry it says anonymous, I have no idea how to comment, lmao)

    ReplyDelete