Monday 14 October 2013

learning new things

I have recently came to the conclusion that my hair growth is decieving.  Not too long ago, my hair cells started to come back slowly.  It wasn't much but it two months time, I had fuzzies all over my head, I had a full set of eye lashes, and eye brows, and I was even growing leg hair.  I was extatic because the doctors always said that my hair would not start to grow back until maintenance(a later stage in my treatments), so I just thought that I had a head start and my hair would have more time to grow for school.  A couple weeks later, all of my fuzzies fell out, my leg hair was gone, and I have now lost my eye lashes& brows.  It turns out that my hair cells will continue to do so, until I hit maintenance.  It will grow and then fall out, a bunch of times before it really starts coming back.  I find this extremly unfair and decieving, losing your hair once is hard enough, but to lose it over and over is just not right.  I also recently found out that there is a very good chance that when I'm done with cancer, I could very well not be able to have children.  I don't really have many good things to say about that, I am just bummed. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Lydia. Stay strong girl, this is the worst of it and it too shall pass <3

    ReplyDelete